Northern Maine’s Aroostook County is known for picturesque rolling potato fields, forests, lakes and rural landscape. Offering excellent public schools and post-secondary college educational opportunities, all the ingredients needed for success are present in a community that is supportive and welcoming of business and industry.
The Green 4 Maine Campus at Loring also abuts the 7,750 plus acres of US Aroostook National Wildlife Refuge which is an absolute thing of beauty to be seen and experienced by either walking or skiing over its 5 miles of developed trail system. Please visit: https://www.fws.gov/refuge/
Some Notable Attributes and Firsts about Loring Airforce Base are:
- Is the largest Commercial Business Park in ALL of the State of Maine.
- Largest SAC (Strategic Air Command) Base in the US.
- Longest Airstrips in the US – Not One but Two, 12,100 Plus Feet Long Runways.
- Hosts the Largest Concrete Arch Air Hangar in the Entire World.
- Loring is the Closest Continental US base in proximity to Europe and Russia.
- Second largest ramp space in SAC in the US (1.1 million square yards).
- Largest National Wildlife Refuge adjacent to a SAC Base in the US – 7,750 National Aroostook Wildlife Refuge Park.
- Special Business Incentives Offering Both Pinetree Zone and Opportunity Zone Designation Status.